Peanut Avocado Unroll (serves 4)
2-3 avocados, cubed
Both because it is the most time consuming aspect of the recipe and because I like the idea of assembling your unroll with chilled rice, I would suggest making the rice the previous day. So, start by following the VegNews recipe's instructions for preparing the rice and allow to cool completely before refrigerating. Then simply remove from the fridge when you begin to prepare your other ingredients and it will be room temperature by the time your unroll is assembled.
- Spoon a shallow layer of rice onto a dish (If you serve in a bowl, it's more likely that you will over-rice).
- Liberally sprinkle furikake.
- Generously toss on peanuts.
- Add your avocado
- Toss on more peanuts (not just because I like peanuts, but because you need to achieve crunch proportionate to the smushiness of the avo & rice)
- Prepare shoyu with wasabi and ginger as you would for sushi. Drizzle sparingly over unroll, and serve extra on the side with additional pickled ginger and wasabi. Simply mixing and serving like salad dressing will cause you to over-pour out of habit: too much for soy sauce!