Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Amy's Vegan Margherita Pizza

This post is long overdue, but I've been kinda busy just eating these so you'll have to forgive me.

 

Amy's vegan margherita pizza with Daiya "cheeze" is, hands down, the best frozen vegan pizza out there.


Amy's is a really cool company: they're family-owned, dedicated to non-GMO, and just opened a drive-thru fast food joint in Cali! While I think we can all agree that they should transition from all vegetarian to all vegan products already, I still have to admit that this pizza is the crowning achievement of all their products thus far.


I know this looks like a mere sprinkling of cheese, but as someone who loves gads of cheese, I assure you that it is a prime serving. Coupled with the sweet and spicy (just add your own red pepper flakes) sauce on a doughy, but not too doughy; thin, but not too thin crust: this is the pizza of my dreams. And, although it's frozen, it heats to perfection in just ten minutes!


I always smother mine in fresh, baby, organic arugula (89-preferred), but add or don't the toppings of your choice; I'm not the boss of you.


I'm warning you that I've been on kind of a pizza kick these days, so expect more, albeit inferior, pizza reviews coming your way. Squirrels are stashing their nuts for the winter and I'm filling my gullet with pizza; to every thing there is a season.

6 comments:

  1. I'm not surprised that Amy's pizza beats the others. I used to like their veggie pizza very very much, but since other vegan pizzas came out after that with vegan cheese, I've been less tempted to buy that one. I'm looking forward to seeing that pizza around here.

    I made pizza this week with ratatouille, and aragula on top. So good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does look good. I am not allowed to turn on the oven here unfortunately, but will keep an eye out in case I can cut off pieces to put in the toaster oven.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always good to have a frozen pizza lying around - I'll have to try this one! I love Amy's!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unfortunately, they discontinued the Daiya cheese version of this :( - now it has some kind of vegan cheese that is slimy and gross (as of 2018)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've definitely noticed a difference (the sauce also seems less plentiful?), but I hadn't realized; good tip! Surprising that they couldn't replace it with a superior cheese rather than an inferior cheese.

      Delete

Have you got something to say? It would be so nice to hear from you!
(I know captchas suck, but not as much as spam.)