Friday, April 15, 2016

Easter (candy and bunnies)!

Easter is another one of those holidays that is all about candy (don't ruin the illusion) and my aim is always to prove that vegans do not have to be left out of the fray. Also, to eat as much candy as possible.

 

I do also go along with all of the bunny symbolism because, who doesn't like bunnies? 89, that's who. I knew as soon as we arrived at the Easter Bunny that she was not into it. So, I did what any self-respecting human bent on getting a photo would do: I tossed 89 at the bunny, he caught her, and the rest is history. Note: there was a fan blowing to cool off the bunny, so that's the reason for the supermodel hair affect on 89's ears.


It turns out that she prefers bunny symbolism in the comfort of her own home.


Anyhoo, I assembled an Easter basket for her, per usual.


She barely feigned interest, just stared at the bunny swag while I humored myself taking photos of and, ultimately, meming her.


She was significantly more interested in the Gone Pie candy I'd gotten for VM- sticking her face in the shot while I used her basket for photographs.


And she really wanted the macarons from Sweet Maresa. Here's why.


We've had threats of snow since, but on Easter my hyacinth were in bloom.


We passed them as we left to go to my parents' house, which was positively decked out in bunnies.


So many photo-ops.


Homemade treats from a pal finally made 89 happier than the contents of her basket.


Aaaaaand, CANDY FOR ME!


Vegan Treats: peanut butter cups, peanut butter and caramel twix, butterfinger bars, chocolate-covered rice krispy treat, and cookie dough balls.


89 was under the impression that a place had been set for her at the table.


And this is the precise moment she snagged on of my artichoke leaves.


But the real fun began when she got her VM/OD swag.


Their gifts went over much better than mine; I wasn't able to get a single non-blurry shot of 89 playing with them.


The humans ended the day with rummikub.


Stay tuned because we're going to do this all again shortly for Passover- only with different gifts and goodies.

10 comments:

  1. Aw bless, that looks like a fun and tasty Easter! Shamefully I didn't treat my pooch at all this year, but I did make coconut oil & sunflower seed 'eggs' for the birds :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those eggs sound adorable! I'm sure your pooch gets a fair share of spoiling!

      Delete
  2. 89 is so supremely beautiful, she outshown the treats in this post. As usual, I console myself with the thought that all of it would instantly become a puddle down here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 89 wouldn't become a puddle! (Sorry about the delayed publish; I'm embarrassingly slow on the uptake of late)

      Delete
  3. Looks like a great day! 89 is the cutest, I love the photo bomb!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't see much Easter candy I wanted this year, which is probably a good thing. Should definitely have picked up some of those pretty Sweet maresa macarons, though.
    You are so good to 89 with all those presents!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those macarons...who thought I'd love them so much? And now with the shop opening they'll be available all the time. It's almost too much to take. Almost.

      Delete

Have you got something to say? It would be so nice to hear from you!
(I know captchas suck, but not as much as spam.)