Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Vegan MoFo 2012, VM's Pasta Salad- Slightly Enhanced

VM makes this really delicious pasta salad with corn, onions, carrots, string beans, tomatoes, and pimentos in a vidalia onion dressing.  This time she used one of my favorite pastas, gemelli, but it was very heavy in the salad.
 

Even though it was already loaded with veggies, this is where my giant head of kale came in to save the day.  By mixing it in, I not only lightened (and stretched) the salad, but we were able to get our greens on!


89 is not this well behaved; she is only resisting because I am teaching her to ignore people with food and the torture training device (a coffee can filled with rocks*) is- where else, on the coffee table in front of me. 


* for sound, not to beat her with.

7 comments:

  1. I like the sound of "onion dressing." It makes me think of the onion soup we had in a recent cooking class, and how that would make a great pasta dressing.

    89 looks wary. She knows you're up to no good as far as she's concerned. (I had a little tin filled with pennies.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abby,

    Yummy looking pasta salad! I also love seeing 89 pop up in your photos. She's the best!

    PS, who won the brownie contest?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andrea, I confess the onion dressing is out of a bottle, but it's always a crowd-pleaser.

    And you're right; that's 89's "I-don't-like-you-or-your-can" face. It would seem I'm the last person to learn of the noisy can, but it really works!

    MVG- She is so awesome, isn't she!? Check the brownie blog; it's been updated. Thanks for asking, though; I'll re-post in the next blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never had pasta salad. It scares me a bit. But, yours has kale and kale is the best thing ever (after tahini, of course). That photo of 89 is absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am super weird about pasta salad considering it has pasta and mayo in it usually, both things I don't really like but theoretically I want to love pasta salad. I definitely like the onion dressing idea, and anything served over kale!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like any sort of pasta salad and I never never never never never make it or go anywhere that has it. I love your kale addition.

    xo
    kittee

    ReplyDelete
  7. tahinitoo- never had pasta salad? How is that possible? No macaroni salad from the deli? Must rectify. (And thanks!)

    foodfeud- am I reading this right; you don't like pasta? Not even spaghetti marinara? I'm still processing.

    kittee- make it! So easy and I love that you can throw in whatever you want.

    ReplyDelete

Have you got something to say? It would be so nice to hear from you!
(I know captchas suck, but not as much as spam.)