Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Good Karma Cafe's Chocolate Cake (Vegan MoFo 2013)

I know I have a lot of favorites, but this cake has been one for so long that it deserves it's own showcase; it's the best chocolate cake in New Jersey.


It's simply the top-billed chocolate ganache cake: chocolate cake layered with chocolate ganache and drizzled with chocolate sauce...

Sorry, raw foodies, for cutting off your option.

...from Good Karma Cafe in Red Bank, New Jersey.


The cake is so good and so rich that VM and I have developed a technique for optimal enjoyment.  First, we demurely order a single slice to share at the cafe.

left


right

Next, we devour every morsel.


And then we take a second slice home to share the next day.


It's win-win!

Good Karma is now open on Sundays, so my recommendation is for you to start your day with The Cinnamon Snail at the Red Bank Farmer's Market and then make like the Beans and take a slice from Good Karma, which is just a few blocks away, home with you.  Or two; I don't judge.

5 comments:

  1. Abby,

    Wow! I think I have enough good karma saved up to end up at Good Karma Café one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So now I need to get a map and figure out where Red Bank, New Jersey is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness. My NJ friends, with whom I've been trying to plan a Red Bank farmers market day, have said that Good Karma is incredible and has great desserts. But I never really cared about going. See, they needed to show me these pictures, because holy moly, I need that cake.

    ReplyDelete
  4. MVG- Mean Bean finds herself there as often as possible!

    The Shenandoah Vegan- It's worth the trip!

    Randi- I have to admit that I don't love their food (see previous post), but that cake is all that and a bag of chips.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i still need to try the tiramisu!!

    ReplyDelete

Have you got something to say? It would be so nice to hear from you!
(I know captchas suck, but not as much as spam.)