Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Frog Commissary Curried Red Lentil Salad (Vegan MoFo 2013)

I wanted to share this recipe because it's a terrific, chilled dish...for summer.  Let's face it, the weather hasn't exactly turned crisp yet, so there's still time.  The recipe is curried red lentil salad from The Frog Commissary Cookbook (not vegan).

Don't mind 89; she's just stalking my arugula.

After trying one of hers, foodfeud asked me what my favorite lentil salad is; it's definitely this one.  I decided to revisit it so I could finally post it, and was surprised to find that it's actually awfully similar to the "The Best Lentil Salad, Ever."  No wonder I liked that one too.

Here's the backstory: Veggie Conquest was a New York-based, "amateur vegan cooking competition" event where all attendees present, as well as a few professionals (judges), got to try an assortment of culinary submissions prepared specifically for the evening by competing, amateur chefs.  In addition, a group of talented and selfless event volunteers would prepare dishes for all attendees to enjoy as a generous second course.   At the very first Veggie Conquest we attended, one of the volunteers prepared this outstanding lentil dish and we've been hooked ever since.

She likes the lentils too (sans dressing).

Thanks to GS; I'm still making it!

7 comments:

  1. The lentil salad looks delicious & 89 is so cute eyeing up the food!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lentils and curry should totally get married, they go so well together. You can't argue with that salad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The lentil salad looks good, but as usual, 89 steals the limelight.

    btw, the capchas are getting harder and harder to decipher. I keep getting rejected.

    ReplyDelete
  4. BYOL, I never would have guessed!

    Julie, I admit half of my food goes directly to her; that's how I know I'm eating healthy. If she can't eat it (minus onions/garlic), I probably shouldn't either.

    Joey, you should be a professional commenter!

    Andrea, you can't make me disable the captcha! Too many spam comments on blogger & I'm seeing others having the same problem. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks yummy & as always 89 is adorbz!

    ReplyDelete

Have you got something to say? It would be so nice to hear from you!
(I know captchas suck, but not as much as spam.)