Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Hello Halushki

A while back The Urban Vegan had a recipe for Halushki on her website.  I'd never heard of it before, but it sounded enticingly easy, required few ingredients, and looked tasty.  I filed it under recipes to try and then, with cabbage 19 cents a pound, I figured it was time to give it a go.


The noodles and softened cabbage & onions all wound up having similar textures and, on the whole, it was very slippery because of all of the butter!  Couple those things with the fact that I normally like things very spicy, and you'd think that I wouldn't like this dish, but there was something about the mellow flavors of that I really enjoyed.

Whenever I get around to trying it again I will definitely go with olive oil instead of butter and will probably see how it turns out leaving the cabbage relatively crunchy.  Perhaps I'll add potatoes, carrots, and string beans and leave out the pasta...oh wait, there I go daydreaming about Atakilt Wat again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have you got something to say? It would be so nice to hear from you!
(I know captchas suck, but not as much as spam.)