Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Red Mango Muffins and Scones at The Bean

It's no secret that I'm a big fan of Red Mango Bakery's red velvet cake.  But since they're not so great at updating their website, it's kind of hard to find places that carry their goods.  If you know of any place, please let me know!  So far I've found Red Mango at The Bean and T-Salon, but only once did I forego the red velvet for something else, and that was understandably for chocolate peanut butter cheesecake

Then recently I was in The Bean for coffee and, while I was purposefully ignoring the beckoning red velvet, I couldn't help but to notice a considerable influx of additional "Vegan" signs in front of all sorts of baked goods.  Besides the insistent red velvet cake, there were also various flavors of cupcakes, muffins and scones; oh my.  It was my duty to partake; as long as it wasn't the red velvet it was technically research.

The mixed berry scone was terrific: crisp on the outside, yet fluffy and moist inside; it was brimming with berries.

My companion chose the cranberry orange muffin.  I don't particularly like cranberries, but I am now considering that perhaps it is because many people utilize craisins (ugh) as an ingredient under the guise of "cranberry" and it isn't the real cranberry that I dislike at all!  For the record, craisins ARE NOT cranberries and clearly Red Mango knows this because the muffin was filled not only with plump, juicy, delicious, actual cranberries, but you could also see the particles of orange zest throughout the muffin. 

For more yummy items and for causing me to reconsider the cranberry, bravo, Red Mango.  I hope to keep stumbling upon your goodies, but if you could update the "new retailers" section of your blog that would be great.  I'm sure I'm not the only person who shamelessly stalks your red velvet cake assorted line of baked goods, so any help would be appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have you got something to say? It would be so nice to hear from you!
(I know captchas suck, but not as much as spam.)