Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Things I'm Still Eating Even Though the Holidays Are Over

So besides the fact that I'm still making my way through all of the generous booty I received over the holidays, I also have a couple of things I picked up myself to plow through.

To all you Starbucks' (soy/decaf/extra hot/no whip) Peppermint Mocha fans out there (myself included), let me let you in on a little secret: WestSoy Chocolate Peppermint Stick is the bomb.


I found it while searching for their taste-bud exhilarating soy shake and it has made a more than fine consolation in the absence of my original fave.  It's shelf stable so you can stock up, it heats up to a delectable adult hot chocolate (no booze; I meant the light mint flavor), and it's even good cold.  Really good.  Seriously, get on this; it's only out at the holidays but I've still seen some out there.


Late July Dark Chocolate Covered Sandwich Cookies Sprinkled With Organic Peppermint are just as good as you've heard.  They too are only around this time of year, so my advice would be to buy more than one box if you have the chance.


They come individually wrapped, which is great.  Not because you're only going to eat one (HA!), but because they travel so well in your pocket.


I'm not generally a huge sandwich cookie fan,


but the combo of the cookie, cream, chocolate, and mild peppermint is really decadent.


I have to admit I have yet to enjoy these chocolate peppermint creations together, but if you're feeling particularly chocolate-minty...have at it.  Happy New Year.

4 comments:

  1. My sister gave me a carton of Chocolate Peppermint Stick as part of my Christmas present, and I'm hoarding it until later in the winter... but your glowing praise is making me want to drink it now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoarding holiday specialty foods is brilliant and hilarious. I LOVE that soy milk but I am staying away because it is tooo tasty. As for those cookies, I definitely ogled them but passed. Now I kind of regret it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of these days I've got to try the holiday flavored drinks like chocolate peppermint Westsoy, and coconut bliss nog. Maybe next year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, Kelly- now you see why you must hoard more than one ;-)

    foodfeud- Save yourself!

    Andrea- It's a slippery slope...and I am sliding down it squealing, "Wheeee!"

    ReplyDelete

Have you got something to say? It would be so nice to hear from you!
(I know captchas suck, but not as much as spam.)