Monday, August 8, 2011

Mirror Image Meals at Blossom

Blossom in Chelsea is our favorite of the group.  Why?  Mainly, pea cakes.  And by "pea cakes", I of course refer to the delectable and infamous black-eyed pea cakes appetizer for which my stomach knows no limit.



"Crispy cake of yukon gold potatoes and black eyed peas, served with chipotle aioli."


Then there is the incomparable phyllo roulade entree.  Yes, yes; I know.  Sue us; we both order the exact same thing every time.  It's just that good.

"French lentils and root vegetables baked in a phyllo crust, served over a carrot-cream sauce. Caramelized onions and swiss chard complement."


Another thing that makes Blossom divine is the chilled bilberry juice; I love it when restaurants offer a non-alcoholic beverage alternative to soda.  So, while VM always orders wine, I unfailingly choose the mild but extraordinarily tasty bilberry juice.


Blossom only carries beer and wine, but I'd venture to guess that the bilberry juice would also be fantastic mixed with vodka on the rocks.  Just saying.

So there you have it: one of our favorite meals.  Try it; you'll like it.

2 comments:

  1. I do want to try it! I always get confused though and think it's the one farther uptown. Hehe, another plus about ordering the same thing is that you don't have to share bites or wish you got what the other person got.

    ReplyDelete

Have you got something to say? It would be so nice to hear from you!
(I know captchas suck, but not as much as spam.)