Thursday, May 3, 2012

Banana Cupcakes with White Chocolate Peanut Butter Frosting

Remember when I won all of those goodies and I pontificated about using Peanut Butter & Co's White Chocolate Wonderful for cupcake icing?  Behold banana mini-cupcakes with white chocolate peanut butter frosting*!  Patience is not one of my virtues.


For the cake I used VM's go-to banana bread recipe (an oldie but goodie). 


It took a lot of restraint not to add the requisite chocolate chips, but I was baking for a crowd of peanut butter/chocolate haters (Yes, really; they exist.  It comes in handy when you don't want to share your peanut butter cups). 


I hate to admit it, but the chocolate chips would have been out of place.  The combination of the light, banana cake and the rich frosting was ideal; these definitely didn't need another element. 


The rest of the jar is now hiding in the back of my pantry with the like-sized and equally dangerous Biscoff spread


Epiphany: this combo would make a great cakewich too! 


*If you're pressed for time, I'd also recommend preparing this as an iced loaf.

6 comments:

  1. Your cupcakes rose so beautifully. Nicely done! (You don't have to share your peanut butter cups with me.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bean, they look beautiful! kudos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Andrea; it's really a great and easy, no-fail recipe: basically the only loaf I ever make that doesn't sink in the middle.

    I never expected you would be anti-chocolate/peanut butter! The things you learn...;-)

    BYOL- you just like them because they're relatively healthy (compared to my usual escapades, not yours).

    ReplyDelete
  4. "anti" is a strong word. Let's just say peanut butter isn't my favorite. I do like it in peanut sauce, however.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You put the PB to very good use.... I can't help wondering what it would be like with the chips!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's still peanut butter left and no law that says I can't try ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Have you got something to say? It would be so nice to hear from you!
(I know captchas suck, but not as much as spam.)