Sunday, September 30, 2012

Welcome to Vegan MoFo 2012 (tomorrow)!

When registration became available for Vegan MoFo 2012, I clicked the link on auto-pilot; last year was FUN.  Besides the minor delay in determining my blog's URL RSS feed (or some such), I plowed through the content like a champ.  When it came to the part where you have to explain your MoFo theme, I did hesitate for a micro-second, but rambled on about something that made sense at the time and referenced last year's theme snafu.


Yeah; remember 2011's cleanse theme?  That didn't go so well.  The goal behind the cleanse theme was noble, but the reality was too much for me.

I considered that my 2012 theme could revolve around all of the amazing but forgotten cookbooks languishing in my cabinet, but having to prepare big, elaborate meals daily for each day's post would be just as much as an undertaking as a cleanse.  Not to mention that I tend to cook in large quantities that net me leftovers for a week, and having a series such as "MoFo Days 4-9: how I ate eggless salad all week and lived to tell about it" didn't seem ideal.

So, a compromise.  I (still) need to eat healthier and I need to be better about not always cooking the same things that I've had bookmarked in my go-to tomes forever.  Maybe it's not about always relying on recipes, but more about emulating the meals I admire on other people's blogs- tossed together from healthy ingredients they usually have on hand. 


But, let's be realistic; there has to be a pay-off.  So, my proposal is to stock my fridge and pantry wisely in a manner that will foster creativity...and then splurge on the weekends.  Then I'll just post the stuff I think is the best, okay?  Fair enough.  Let's see how I do.  Viva la MoFo!

4 comments:

  1. awesome! can't wait to see your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I expect at least one lentil dish!

    Maybe for next years theme you can just repost one of your preexisting Cinnamon Snail reviews for everyday of the month? That would be fun! ;)

    ps- love you, love the blog, love the snail and really love your little doggie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's a great idea, it's easier to be good most of the time when you get a treat every now and then!

    ReplyDelete
  4. glutenfreehappytummy- keeping up with everyone's yummy posts is always the tough part of MoFo!

    BYOL- 2 lentil dishes in the works, mostly because I need to get more lentils into 89's diet. If I could eat Snail food every day, I would. Then I'd blog about it!

    Mandee- It's just as easy to be really, really bad ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Have you got something to say? It would be so nice to hear from you!
(I know captchas suck, but not as much as spam.)