Wednesday, December 18, 2013

One More Vegan Shop-Up left in 2013!

You guys, you know I love the Vegan Shop-Ups; this Saturday is the last one of 2013!  Here's a little recap of my November shop-up festivities to get you in the mood.


I started the day pretty early with a friend at The Bean for chamomile tea and a toasted poppy flagel with vegan cream cheese.


Then it was off to the Shop-Up for some cereal donuts from Cake Thieves:


Gone Pie Vegan Bakery had a new item: chocolate chip cookie sandwiches!  What more is there to say? 


This was also when I had my first taste of their incredible pumpkin snickerdoodles.


Some Snail food was in order for lunch: the week's special red curry grilled tofu banh mi: with pickled onions & basil, arugula, kimchi, and sriracha mayo on a chili oil grilled baguette.  I apologize, but it was way too crowded to photograph this loaded sammie; two hands were necessary at all times.


Washed it down with one of Pine Box's unmatched Bloody Mary's. Yes; that's a pickled Brussels sprout.


All...that...garnish....


And some salt & vinegar potato chips.


There was a new vendor at the shop-up: By Rye.  She had a bunch of warm, soft, and beautiful knits (she was even knitting during the event) to keep us toasty without harming any animals (it's not just leather and fur that's cruel; don't forget wool, down, and silk).


There was a flurry of excitement at her table as a few of us tried on a bunch of things and coveted each others choices.  I've been enjoying my new, cozy scarf ever since.


Thanks, Ryder!


I couldn't resist one of the seasonal drinks, so I took respite from the busy and crowded thoroughfare  by snagging a seat at the end of the bar to relax and enjoy.  I don't remember the specifics, but there was chai, almond milk, booze, and imported brandied cherries involved.


Next up, drinks for a friend's birthday elsewhere in Brooklyn (I'd had enough by then, thankyouverymuch), followed by a couple of slices from Vinnie's (1 each!). 

 

My veggie-laden, Daiya-fied, hot-sauced slice up close:

 

Vinnie's art:

 

Then it was a mad dash (the L wasn't running) back to Manhattan for treats from The Best Ice Cream Shop in the Universe.  A friend got this strawberry, walnut, cookie flurry that looked pretty impressive.


While I stuck with a carob ice cream root beer float because I still wasn't convinced winter was around the corner (sundaes are vastly more appropriate in winter).


Looking forward to another fun day this Saturday; see ya there and everywhere.

8 comments:

  1. Pardon my newbyness, but you ate all that in one day? I suppose I could eat all that, probably have eaten more at times. I'm just asking.

    The Float at the end is absolutely incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun on Saturday. I don't think I could keep up with you but it sure would be fun to try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Shenandoah Vegan, Um...yeah! When you think about it, it's really just 3 squares with some drinks and dessert thrown in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andrea, I have one friend in particular who is a terrific partner in crime!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So looking forward to it! See you Saturday afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. my new year's resolution is to try to attend more of these shop ups.
    And more seasonal drinks.
    What the heck is a flagel?? Flat bagel? Is it the same as a bialy??
    Think and the Bean are the two coffee shops nearest work and while I hate the Bean's coffee, their bagels with vegan cc prevail. Cheaper too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poppy flagel and vegan cream cheese? Sound so tasty! What a great list of vegan desserts from the Gone Pie Vegan Bakery, I have yet to go there! The red curry grilled tofu banh mi sounds so good, too! I <3 salt & vinegar chips…miam!

    ReplyDelete

Have you got something to say? It would be so nice to hear from you!
(I know captchas suck, but not as much as spam.)